bdm patch for gdb 5.2?

Fri Mar 7 13:53:01 UTC 2003

Erwin Rol wrote:

> I am currently working on a libmpc8xx which is a library derived from
> the MPCBDM "patch" for GDB. With that library i (almost) have a patch
> for GDB 5.3 ( it should not be too hard to generate a patch for 5.2,
> since most stuff is in a new file).
>
> So if you mean the MPC8xx BDM and you can wait until somewhere next week
> i can give you what i have, if you mean some other BDM than i can not
> help you, sorry.

Unless someone has a great need for gdb 5.2 and not 5.3, I would prefer
to just update the RTEMS toolset to gdb 5.3.  If you look at the RTEMS
patches, they are divided into 3 subparts only two of which are
currently
applied.  The 1st two parts usually update pretty easily.  gcc and
newlib activity has just pushed gdb into the background.