bit scripts

Angelo Fraietta angelo_f at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 9 23:32:03 UTC 2003

First set of tests with ticker.
I went one stage further and downloaded the cygwin tools and built using
them also.
I also wrote down the GRUB parameters in case they mean anything).
These tests were done using a pc386 build of ticker in the samples.

Working from Eric Valette

Cygwin Build

Mac Build

Linux build

Grub Display

Ticker

0x100000: 0x1e958 : 0x2d74

entry = 0x10000c

0x100000:

0x1ec44 :

0x2e28:

entry = 0x10000c

0x100000:

0x1eb04:

0x2d74

entry= 0x10000c

0x100000:

0x1eb44:

0x2e28:

entry= 0x10000c

 Works

Exception 6

Exception 6

Exception 6

I believe I can effectively eliminate a problem with my tools as I have
used the prebuilt cygwin ones.
Also, there can't be a problem with my bootloader as the exe from eric
loads fine.

I am therefore stumped?

It might be interesting to see what a pc386 that works from cygwin or
OSX gives in the boot

Any suggestions as to what I should try next

BTW, I used the exact configuration given below for the cygwin build,
have rechecked the md5 checksum and then even re-downloaded the RTEMS
source and compared using a Hex editor.

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859