m68k BDM patch for gdb 5.3

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Tue Mar 11 02:22:12 UTC 2003

Likely, Grant wrote:

> Note about this patch: it is based on the patch included with the BDM
> library, not the newer 5.2.1 patch.  I didn't know about the newer patch
> until today.

Does this patch deal with the lack of the single step bit in the CSR register on
the 5407 ?

For reasons unknown the designers removed this bit. It makes it very difficult
to single step with interrupt pending. You end up in the interrupt. I have been
working with Mark Abbate <mabbate at videonics.com> and Motorola to come up with a
solution. It is not nice. I am yet to place this fix into the driver. If you
contact Mark he may have a patch that you can use.

This is one reason I have not updated the package but still not excuse. I should
have put the patch out earlier.

  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec.com.au