support for TI C3x/C4x DSP

Mon Mar 17 15:11:42 UTC 2003

Ted Buswell wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm investigating RTOS options for a new project.
>
> What is the current status of RTEMS support for TI's DSP's?

The port itself worked well the last time I had a working
toolset and target hardware.  The problem is that the GNU tools
have required patches to work with the c3x/c4x targets.

> Searching the mailing list, I don't see much mention
> of it aside from the port announcement back in 2000.
>
> Is this a target people are currently using?

I somehow doubt there are many users.  I do know that the project
we ported RTEMS for had great success using libchip drivers
and the performance was better than I had expected on the overall
port.

> Any feedback appreciated.

The big issue is the toolset.

> Thanks,