BSP definition

Angelo Fraietta angelo_f at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 18 21:15:32 UTC 2003

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Angelo Fraietta wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a good definition and reference of what a BSP is.
>>
> BSP == Board Support Package
>
> It is the collection of device drivers, startup code, and support items
> like linker scripts, custom file, etc that are board specific.  The
> key is
> that it provides some board specific items and selects from a variety
> of shareable implementations of others to suport a specific board
> and its peculiarities.
>
> Are you writing a paper?

Yes, this reference is actually for my doctoral thesis. I can use the email you sent me as a reference.

I recently wrote a paper, (a html version at)
http://www.users.bigpond.com/angelo_f/smartcontroller/boundaries.htm
Which I hope will be accepted for the International Computer Music Conference in Singapore this year.

I will be writing two more next month, one for the Australasian Computer Music Conference in Perth and another for the Sounds Australian magazine.

So you can see, I am flat out with writing.

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303