GDB 5.2 Line number out of range error

Derick Hammond derick at perkinstechnologies.com.au
Tue Mar 18 21:19:21 UTC 2003

Hi Aaron:

I have done the following to recompiled gcc. Using the
m68k-rtems-gcc-3.2.1-newlib-1.11.0.spec file as a basis I compiled my own RPMS:

     rtems-base-gcc-gcc3.2.2newlib1.11.0-P1.i386.rpm
     m68k-rtems-gcc-gcc3.2.2newlib1.11.0-P1.i386.rpm

The only difference in the rpm .spec file is that I use gcc-3.2.2 source
unpatched, as opposed to gcc-3.2.1 source patched with
gcc-3.2.1-rtems-20021209.diff.

Question for the RTEMS Maintainers: Are there any patches required for
m68k/Coldfire targets when using gcc-3.2.2? I saw one in the last couple of
days, but I thought it was specific to the i386-rtems toolchain.

Anyway, I installed these packages and I am still getting the same "Line
number out of range error" when setting a breakpoint on bsp_cleanup.

I see on the RTEMS ftp site under /pub/rtems/cd-working/tools that gdb-5.2
seems to be the current GNU Debugger version for RTEMS. I *may* have
introduced this bug by how I made my m68k-bdm-rtems-gdb, I did the
following: Using the m68k-rtems-gdb-5.2.spec file as a basis I compiled my
own RPMS:

     rtems-base-gdb-5.2-P1.i386.rpm
     m68k-bdm-rtems-gdb-5.2-P1.i386.rpm

The only difference in the rpm .spec file is that I patch the gdb-5.2
source with Chris Johns' gdb-5.2.1.patch, as well as the gdb RTEMS patches.

Question for Chris John: Could this problem be caused by patching gdb-5.2
with the gdb-5.2.1.patch?

Question for RTEMS Maintainers: Can the RTEMS gdb patch files be applied to
gdb-5.2.1 source?

Thanks in advance for all replies :-)

If you require any more information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Derick