M-Systems DiskOnChip RTEMS driver

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda CamiloAlejo at netscape.net
Fri Mar 28 14:02:19 UTC 2003

It was posted to the mailing list more than a year before. It was placed
in 'contrib' directory of RTEMS source tree, but it looks like it was
removed. I could send it to you the next monday. The original author let
me change the license terms to make it RTEMS compatible and could be
incorporated to the source tree if OAR is interested.

Some warnings:
I didn't write any line of the driver, I just ported linux one without
any changes. If the driver had bugs they were ported too (it has work
fine for me, anyway).
The driver seems to be not multithread safe, so you should block disk
access in a higher level.
The driver works only for litle-endian CPU's. That's because DiskOnChip
format is litle-endian, and I eliminated the le_to_cpu and cpu_to_le
calls in the driver (RTEMS does not have this funcions). If you are
using a big-endian CPU just tell me and I'll try to fix it.

Camilo Alejandro.

http://shopnow.netscape.com/