DOSFS bug fixes, IDE drivers and sample released

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Sun Mar 2 18:01:29 UTC 2003

Hello Joel,
> Thanks.  A quick review of your description has me considering
> 367 as a candidate for the release branch and 368 and 369
> as not candidates for the release branch.  Does that match your feelings?

Hm, I don't know, let me argue a bit:

- If 368 doesn't make it into the release branch, then we have
a really nice DOSFS implementation, but NO driver that
supports it in any BSP. So nobody can actually use and test
it. And all guys who want to use DOSFS based on the release
will flood the mailing list. I am not so happy with that
situation.

- If 368 goes in but 369 does not, then we have DOSFS and
drivers, but no sample application to use it. I am not so hapy
with that either.

- If 368 and 369 will not go into the release, the risk that I
am responsible for breaking the release is not so high...

Is it possible to put 368 and 369 into sort of a "latest
contributions" directory, so anyone who needs DOSFS can access
the sources (without looking for them in GNATS)? I think this
would be a good solution...

Thomas.

> >http://www.oarcorp.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl
> >

> >Eugeny, can you look through the DOSFS patches? I am quite
> >confident they improve DOSFS operation, but I would be glad if
> >you could check them again...
> >
> >wkr,
> >	Thomas Doerfler.
> >IMD Ingenieurbuero fuer Microcomputertechnik
> >Thomas Doerfler           Herbststrasse 8
> >D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
> >email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
> >PGP public key available at: http://www.imd-
> >systems.de/pgp_keys.htm