bdm patch for gdb 5.2?

Erwin Rol erwin at muffin.org
Fri Mar 7 00:46:47 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 01:26, Wendell Thompson wrote:
> Erwin Rol wrote:
> > I am currently working on a libmpc8xx which is a library derived from
> > the MPCBDM "patch" for GDB. With that library i (almost) have a patch
> > for GDB 5.3 ( it should not be too hard to generate a patch for 5.2,
> > since most stuff is in a new file).
> >
> > So if you mean the MPC8xx BDM and you can wait until somewhere next week
> > i can give you what i have, if you mean some other BDM than i can not
> > help you, sorry.
> >

> Thanks, Erwin, but I'm looking for the m68k Coldfire version.
>
> I have, however, used a derivative of Sergei Drazhnikov's PPC BDM code
> on another project. I'd like to see info on your version when you get it
> done.

Even though it is not helping you much, other ppl might be interested to
hear this.

The MPCBDm is based on that , in both hardware and software, the base i
used is the 1.2.3 version of Frank Przybylski (which i copied this mail
so he knows what i am doing :-) The Hardware i have is basically his
Version 1 Adapter, the software i split up in a general MPC8XX BDM
library and a GDB patch. The MPC8XX library can also be used to write
other applications like for example a flash writer or an automated board
test application.

Expect the first release somewhere next week.

- Erwin

--
              Dipl.-Ing. Erwin Rol - Software Engineering
tel: +49-(0)8024-479377  gsm: +49-(0)171-6929198 fax: +49-(0)8024-479379
                        email: erwin at muffin.org