Waiting for mbufs

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Wed Mar 12 22:32:46 UTC 2003

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

> Sure, but I think I have plenty free here- and I'm only pinging one of
> the interfaces once a second or so.  The same load (greater for that
> matter, simulataneous pings on both interfaces) works fine if each
> unit has its own receive task.

I assume these are 64bytes pings. This should not be a problem. It is doing
things like 64K pings that clusters get used quickly.

Is your transmitter working ok and not consuming packets ?

Another thing to looks for is missed interrupts or receive events. Things look
like they are working, but it is a following packet that flushes through an
earlier one.

I had a bug in the Coldfire 5272 driver I am working on where I had freed an
invalid mbuf pointer (it was 0). This resulted in these sorts of errors as the
mbuf pool was suddenly empty but the counts said otherwise.

  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec.com.au