PowerPC: *printf in non-float-tasks

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Fri Mar 28 07:48:37 UTC 2003

Hello,

> >I am a bit confused, this would mean that in a standard
> >environment I can't perform *printf call on a MPC8260 from
> >non-float tasks, or I have to tweak the linker to always use
> >non-float libraries.
> >
> >Any hints what would be the "clean" way to deal with this?
> >

> Is there an alternate "integer only" version of this with a name line
> "sniprintf"?
> newlib has those for some printf variants.

I can fix the current situation by using siprintf (it's not
identical, but the length limit of "snprintf" is not really
needed in ata.c). But still my question remains: According to
this behaviour I either must use the "non-floating-point" libs
with my applications or can't use printf in non-floating
tasks. This seems a bit strange to me.

wkr,
	Thomas.

> >wkr,
> >	Thomas Doerfler.
> >IMD Ingenieurbuero fuer Microcomputertechnik
> >Thomas Doerfler           Herbststrasse 8
> >D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
> >email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
> >PGP public key available at: http://www.imd-
> >systems.de/pgp_keys.htm