Reading from physical addresses..

fernando ruiz.com correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Sat May 3 13:13:11 UTC 2003

Maybe poor but not Bad.
At the BSP specific driver code you need build a solid, optimized and
easily tested code. If your driver is in your application layer code you
don't need all of these constraints necessary at RTEMS kernel portable
layer.
What is the goal? Build a BSP driver that encapsulates all the internals
at the RTEMS kernel layer?
Can you think a very loaded real-time code driver calling all the IO
macros and IO functions in lieu of direct C pointer to obtain the same
goal?
What is the way to build a flash memory driver optimized without
pointers?

At linking file map memory you hide at RTEMS the flash memory address.
You can add a label with the memory flash address start and size.
Your driver code takes the external label and works directly with an
encapsulated memory area but addressable with 'C' pointers or better
external variables.

After in rtems application layer you have open(), read(), ioctl() and
all the standard functions.

It's very difficult for me writing a driver code twice long as necessary
and wasting the time executing a non optimized code in order to give
more portability at the driver source code level.

If I think in the driver optimized code I think directly in the
Assembler Code listing and the stupid assembler code lines added to give
portability.

You are right with 'volatile'. It's my fault, sorry.

Best Regards