atexit()

Brett Swimley brett.swimley at aedinc.net
Wed May 21 17:42:37 UTC 2003

Hi all -

I'm getting some strange behavior occasionally when initializing my
application.  My clock initialization function calls atexit to register a
clock driver exit procedure.  Most times it works fine, but occasionally I
get a bad pointer.

Looking with my debugger where the error occurs, it appears that the
_impure_ptr is NULL. Is there any initialization I need to perform to get
the _impure_ptr set up correctly?

I'm using gcc-3.2.3, newlib 1.11.0, binutils-2.13.2.1, and
rtems-ss-20030417.  I've applied some optimization patches to
gcc-3.2.3/binutils/and newlib for the Coldfire.

TIA,

Brett

Brett Swimley
Advanced Electronic Designs, Inc.