gcc 3.2.3/newlib 1.11.0 Binaries out

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Fri May 23 22:44:07 UTC 2003

Brett Swimley wrote:

> I've been working with Peter Barada and have some patches put together for
> Coldfire optimizations that I've been using with gcc-3.2.3/newlib 1.11.0.
> Haven't done complete testing but they've been working well for me.

Peter's work is excellent and much needed by the Coldfire community.

> Would you be interested in getting these patches or should we just wait and
> try to pump them through the gcc channels?

IMO these patches need to come via gcc channels. This release may work and the
patches integrate, but a new GCC release may not. Does RTEMS remove support that
an applications needs ?

Getting Peters changes into the main gcc source tree is the best path.

  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec.com.au