gcc 3.2.3/newlib 1.11.0 Binaries out

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Sat May 24 00:06:22 UTC 2003

Am Sam, 2003-05-24 um 00.12 schrieb Angelo Fraietta:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:

> >Unless someone has an argument, I would propose that the gcc 3.2.3
> >and newlib 1.11.0 combination be the tools of choice for RTEMS 4.6.x.

I don't have a strong opinion on this topic, except that I doubt we/you
will be able to apply one single toolchain for all targets and will have
to resort to "frozen" individual versions for each target.

> Well I don't think that gcc3.2.2 can be used because its doesn't  work
> for pc386 (except for the patch that Ralf wrote for me). gcc 3.2.3 has
> the 386 fix in it, doesn't it?
The version of the gcc-3.2.3-patch Joel put on ftp has a patch inside
which is supposed to fix your issue - I would like to ask you to test
Joel's toolchain on your system, because I think this is the patch you
had reported not to work for you.

Besides this, the version on ftp.oarcorp.com seems to lack two of my
RTEMS patches.

Ralf

PS.: Joel, I only had a hasty glimpse at the patches yet, but AFAIS, the
INCLUDE_PREFIX (The one in gcc's GNATs) and the LIBC_DIR patch seem to
be missing.

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)