gcc 3.2.3/newlib 1.11.0 Binaries out

Mon May 26 23:21:00 UTC 2003

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> Joel Sherrill  wrote:
>
>> Grrrr.... I actually generated a gcc-3.2.3-rtems-20030507a.diff
>> that included these!  I even updated setup.def for the scripts.
>> Then I apparently forgot to run make before building the RPMs.
>>
>> I just put the "a" version of the diff on the ftp site and am
>> spinning new RPMs.
>>
>> Angelo, these patches are independent of the i386 one.  How is
>> this working for you?
>>

> It is working fine. I build the gcc and newlib from the source -- i.e.
> I don't use the RPMs
> I used
> gcc-3.2.3.tar.bz2
> gcc-3.2.3-rtems-20030507.diff
> newlib-1.11.0-rtems-20030507.diff
> newlib-1.11.0.tar.gz

This is what matters.  The RPM naming/revision scheme just give a
convenient way
to refer to a tool set with patches.  The only difference between this
and the next spin
will be Ralf's two patches I meant to include. :(  They are cooking now
but the
new gcc patch gcc-3.2.3-rtems-20030507a.diff is already in the
snapshots/c_tools
directory.