Hello World Error...

Thu May 29 19:52:31 UTC 2003

Madhu Raju wrote:

> Hi,
> I have configured RTEMS for dmv177 bsp for powerpc.I did that succesfully.I
> downloaded a hello world application onto SVME/DMV-177 PowerPC 603e Single
> Board Computer using minicom.When i try to execute the application, I get the
> following error:
>
> Exception 0400:  Instruction Access Exception
>       SRR0(pc) 00041A10   SRR1(msr) 10002030
>

> I found out from Hello.num and hello.dump that the instruction is
>
> 000419ec T bsp_start
>
> Could anyone please help me solve this problem?

I have no guesses but recommend using powerpc-rtems-objdump -da to find
out
what instruction is at 00041A10.  That would give a clue as to what
happened.

One thing I do see is that the linkcmds assumes 32M of RAM.  If this
doesn't
match your board, it could be accessing non-existent memory.

I haven't heard a report on this BSP in a long time.  Please keep us
posted.