gcc 3.2.3/newlib 1.11.0 Binaries out

Sat May 24 14:21:33 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>Am Sam, 2003-05-24 um 00.12 schrieb Angelo Fraietta:
>

>>Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>

>>>Unless someone has an argument, I would propose that the gcc 3.2.3
>>>and newlib 1.11.0 combination be the tools of choice for RTEMS 4.6.x.
>>>

>I don't have a strong opinion on this topic, except that I doubt we/you
>will be able to apply one single toolchain for all targets and will have
>to resort to "frozen" individual versions for each target.

I dream of a single gcc version being usable but realistically there are
ports which require
odd toolsets.  The c3x/c4x toolchain is at the top of the list but the
i960 isn't far behind
it from my understanding.

I would like to get nice versions of those targets out to supplement the
ones that the
mainstream gcc satisfies.

>>Well I don't think that gcc3.2.2 can be used because its doesn't  work
>>for pc386 (except for the patch that Ralf wrote for me). gcc 3.2.3 has
>>the 386 fix in it, doesn't it?
>>

>The version of the gcc-3.2.3-patch Joel put on ftp has a patch inside
>which is supposed to fix your issue - I would like to ask you to test
>Joel's toolchain on your system, because I think this is the patch you
>had reported not to work for you.
>
>Besides this, the version on ftp.oarcorp.com seems to lack two of my
>RTEMS patches.
>
>Ralf
>
>PS.: Joel, I only had a hasty glimpse at the patches yet, but AFAIS, the
>INCLUDE_PREFIX (The one in gcc's GNATs) and the LIBC_DIR patch seem to
>be missing.

Grrr.... and those have PR numbers right?   Could you refresh me so I
canl respin a -3?