Hello World Error...

Till Straumann strauman at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Fri May 30 18:56:07 UTC 2003

Hmm - I do not know that BSP at all.
However, a look at 'bspstart.c' reveals

 > void bsp_start( void )
 > {
 >   unsigned char *work_space_start;
 >   unsigned int  msr_value = 0x2030;
 >
 >   /*
 >    * Set BSP to initial value. Note: This value is a guess
 >    * check how the real board comes up. This is critical to
 >    * getting the source to work with the debugger.
 >    */
 >
 >   _CPU_MSR_SET( msr_value );

Probably, your MMU is not initialized and reading the
instruction following CPU_MSR_SET() (which enables the MMU)
crashes for lack of a valid address translation.

HTH
-- Till