TOD clock synchronization with NTP

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Tue Nov 4 21:59:52 UTC 2003

Hi,

> > A better solution would be an adjustable hardware clock rate but that's
> > hardly portable.
>
> As a first implementation the above would probably work, then we can think of
> some BSP-level interface to slow-down/speed-up system time. A lot of hardware
> can do this, I believe.

Just another idea: I came over a similar issue during several
BSP ports: currently RTEMS can only be used easily together
with hardware timers, that are based on an input clock of a
microsecond or and integer fraction of microseconds, because
this is the base unit the system tick is scaled. With these
means to slowly adjust time slips, you might possibly also
adjust the errors that come from timer running at odd input
frequencies...

Thomas.

> --
> Sergei.