Linking and Memory Maps (newbie question)

James Yates j.yates at quartzuk.com
Thu Nov 6 10:06:49 UTC 2003

I now have successfully built rtems for my board and CPU but I have some rather strange requirements. I am not using networked GDB as have not got network running yet on my board. I do however have a gdb_stub on the board that boots from rom allowing me to connect with GDB and download to RAM where applications can be executed. I also have a custom bootloader in ram and some special in-house software for downloading applications into on-board flash. When the board starts up, if valid firmware is in flash, it is copiedto RAM and executed from there.

   I am trying to run the hello_world c program for rtems, but it seems to want to link for my ROM area 0x0. I would like to link this to be placed in SRAM 0x800000 so that I can treat it like any other application I have written for this board so far, but cant work out how to make it link to RAM and not ROM.

	Can anyone help?

		James Yates