Gdb Over Serial

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Tue Nov 11 20:42:56 UTC 2003

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

> James Yates writes:
>
>  > Has Anyone run rtems with GDB over a serial connection.
>
> Its known to work on the MIPS Mongoose- it should be portable to other
> MIPS bsp's as well- I think bsp's for a number of other architectures
> also support it.

I have used the GDB remote protocol with RTEMS on various 68000 processors.

> I don't think copying around vector tables is the right sort of thing
> to be doing- perhaps you're trying to set it up too early in the RTEMS
> boot process?

If the interrupts are masked and during startup or exit I think it is
valid to move a vector table. This could be a copy or a change in the
VBR. I would not exclude doing it as a rule.

--
  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au