build RTEMS with arm ADS tools

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Nov 13 09:48:57 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 08:30, Ren, Han Tao (Hans) wrote:
> I just wrote a simple C file
> ==========
> #include "stdlib.h"
> int main()
> {
>   exit(0);
> }
> ==========
>
> Then built it by ADS compiler "armcc"
> ccarm -c test.c  -o test.o
>
> Then linked with ADS default library.
> armlink -o -v test.exe test.o 2>&1 | tee link.log
> (Passed without error, please see the log file in attachment)
>
> but I failed linking "test.o" to "libc.a(built by RTEMS tools)"
I don't know anything about ADS and how to pass options to it.
You'll have to find out yourself what to do.

You'll also want to have a look at the hello world example contained in
RTEMS source tree, how RTEMS applications typically are set up.
(compiling a simple hello.c like yours above normally doesn't work).

Ralf