rtems-4.6pre5 building first time WITH Ada

Sat Nov 15 14:07:14 UTC 2003

Chris Sparks wrote:

> Does anyone know why Ada compilation is not available for the CYGWIN
> distribution?
>
> Chris

Because we build all of the Cygwin and Solaris binaries on a GNU/Linux
computer
and we don't have a GNU/Linux -> Cygwin cross-Ada compiler.

If you can get that combination to work, then we will start building
CYGWIN GNAT binaries.

You should have no problem building it directly on Cygwin though.

FYI.. we use the RPMs in rtems-XXX/contrib for GNU/Linux->Solaris or
Cygwin RPMs.
Those in turn support internal tool building.

--joel