How to concat binary file with a little gap (not RTEMS dependent thread sorry)

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 17 14:02:26 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have succesfully run RTEMS now in RAM.
I have a loader in my ROM.

I want to put my RTEMS binary image in my prom but
I still want to have my loader in it.

Ex :
PROM 0x0		0x400000
RAM  0x400000	0x800000

LOADER.bin
RTEMS.bin

Now I load the LOADER.bin in my prom and load
RTEMS with SREC at 0x700000 (with correct linink
script)

Now I want to have one global file with my loader and
RTEMS in it

FULL.bin (with the LOADER.bin at 0x0 and RTEMS.bin at
0x100000)

and load this file in my prom.

How can I do this, I try to look at objcopy but I
don't really find
what I need.

Thanks a lot

Cedric