Question to OAR

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Nov 18 11:29:42 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 09:59, Dieter Schaefer wrote:

> > Though such make-rules are known to be non-portable, they are supposed
> > to be supported by gmake.
> >
> > Are you sure to be using gmake?
> >
> > What does
> > make --version
> > rsp.
> > gmake --version
> > report?
> >
> on CygWin ...
> $ make --version
> GNU Make 3.80

OK, bleeding edge gmake, which is known to be troublesome (Even RH/FC1
still ship 3.79).

Nevertheless, I can't reproduce your problem with make-3.80 under Linux.

Another thought: Do you have an environment variable called LIB set?
I recall some people using Cygwin had been suffering from problems
related to having conflicts with environment variables.
If yes, unset it and try again.

> so its using 'plain' make on CygWin.
Is make-3.79* available for Cygwin? If yes, would you please try this
with unmodified RTEMS sources.

Anyway, these Makefile.am need to be improved.

Ralf