stdint.h & machine/types.h Header file redefinition

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Nov 19 10:31:53 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 11:09, Derick Hammond wrote:
> Hi Ralf:
>
> Thanks for your comments.  I thought it might be a rather large change to
> occur this close to a release of RTEMS 4.6.0.  I will just have to put up
> with the current warnings, or work on a solution using your strategies.  At
> the moment I don't think it will be a real big problem for me.
>
> BTW, what C standard is RTEMS favouring at the moment C89 or C99?
Favoring is not the real question.

There exist factors which dictate them. In first place it's newlib which
currently only supports C89 and gcc which currently still lacks some
parts of C99.

RTEMS itself at some spots relies on GCC defacto-standards (e.g. inline
asm, bsp_specs), which reduce portability of the code, in general we (at
least I do) try to follow Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6/IEEE
Std 1003.1-2001, which comprises the current POSIX/ANSI/ISO standards,
but unlike these is publically available.

So it's C89 with some tweaks here and there.

Ralf