rtems-4.6pre4 building first time

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Sat Nov 1 08:43:05 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 06:40, Chris Sparks wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am building RTEMS for the first time and I am unsure which files I'll
> need to support an Ada system. The document says:
Which version of RTEMS are you trying to use.

Which document recommends to using these tools? This is utterly outdated
and should be fixed ASAP.

> gcc 2.8.1
> gnat 3.13p
> binutils 2.10
> newlib 1.8.2
> rtems-4.5.1.tgz
> hello_world_ada.tgz
> c_build_scripts-4.5.1.tgz
> binutils-2.10-rtems-gnat-3.13p-20001107.diff
> newlib-1.8.2-rtems-20000606.diff.gz
> gcc-2.8.1-rtems-gnat-3.13p-20000429.diff.gz
> gnat-3.13p-rtems-20000829.diff
>
> I know some of these aren't right.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. They seem to reflect the
status having been "right" 3 years ago and they still apply to outdated
(I prefer: obsolete) versions of RTEMS

>  Can someone please help clear up what
> I need?

Please tell us which version of RTEMS you want to use.

> This is quite frustrating since I have a modem download and it isn't fast.

Ralf