unable to build eth_comm under CygWin

Dieter Schaefer Dieter.B.Schaefer at t-online.de
Mon Nov 10 19:50:27 UTC 2003

On 10 Nov 2003 at 22:21, Victor V. Vengerov wrote:

> Dieter,
>
> I feel I have met similar problem with make on cygwin before, but I
> couldn't remember details.
>
> It may relates to
>
> - using of '\' and '/' in pathes and environment variables
> - mount modes (particulary, ascii/binary)
>
> You may try to enter into the corresponding directory and run
>
> strace make preinstall | less
>
> and see what's happens before failure (this is hacker's way).
>
> Unfortunately I have no cygwin installed nearby, so I couldn't
> reproduce situation quickly.
>
> Sorry, I couldn't advice anything more useful. May be cygwin
> experts on the list can help?
>
> Victor

I know, there are all kind of ugly things and side-effect in using CygWin.
The strange thing (to me) is, that mcf5206elite builds without problems.
I assume, there must be a difference in the input-files for auto-xxx
because it's the same environment, and the same script to trigger the build.
Maybe, one of the 'auto-tools experts' (Ralf Corsepius ?) has an idea?

Dieter