build RTEMS with arm ADS tools

Wed Nov 12 11:17:31 UTC 2003

Ren, Han Tao (Hans) wrote:

>Hello
>
>For evaluating our system design, I really need ADS to simulate the system
>performance such like Cache Miss, Memory Bandwidth, etc which can not
>achieves in GDB.
>
>I know RTEMS is built by GNU tools, but are there any way to build it by ADS
>tools?  Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Does it have to be built with the ADS tools? Can the ADS tools read an
executable produced by gcc?

I don't know the details of the ADS tools but in general, the C library and
RTEMS itself all have to be built with a particular toolset. The autoconf
scripts are setup to find a working compler and they woudl have to be
taught
about the ADS tools to find them. Also assembly language formats differences
would have to be addressed.

If possible it would be better to build at least RTEMS with the GNU
tools and
just link against the libraries with the ADS tools.