Workspace Allocate in capture

Thu Oct 2 19:59:20 UTC 2003

Chris,

I deleted the message before replying. :(

 > Given _Workspace_Allocate is to be used in task create and task
create > can be called by a user extension, should we provide an
interface that > is not the score one being used ?

Sounds like it might not be a bad idea if we are encouraging extensions
to allocate during create and only from the workspace.  It is also
something that would be documentable that way.  Right now, it is
a bit ugly.

 > FYI I used _Workspace_Allocate in the capture engine.

I saw that and wondered when each call to allocate or free occurred.
I should have asked then.  SO go ahead and tell us when each is call.
Then I can see if we need to worry or not. :)