POSIX API Test Suite

Mon Oct 27 11:51:53 UTC 2003

Alex wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am starting "using" the RTMES... I am trying to make my RTEMS box as a beginning....
>
>But I have a first question:
>
>Does the POSIX API Test Suite existing in the http://www.rtems.com/testing.html web page  tests the real time part of the POSIX.4 as far as time is concerned or it just make simple calls to the POSIX.1 or POSIX.4 API?

I think you are using the old numbers.  POSIX.4 became part of POSIX at
1003.1b.

It does more than just call the POSIX entry points.

It is trying to be a thorough functional test of the RTEMS supported
portions of POSIX 1003.1b.  It
is not a full conformance test since many POSIX functions are provided
by newlib.  The goal of the tests
is to get as high coverage of the RTEMS implementation.

And I am sure it can use enhancement .. every test suite I have ever
seen could and I know this one
depends on the fact that the SuperCore is doing a lot of work that was
tested by the Classic API
sptests.

Did that answer it?