USB host supprot?

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Mon Oct 27 23:08:11 UTC 2003

Yanjun Luo wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to know if RTEMS support USB host?

I do not know of any USB host support for RTEMS. It would be welcome.

> I want support USB disk in my system, but not
> sure if RTEMS already support it or I should write
> by myself.

You will need to support the storage class on top of the generic host
controller support. The USB host device is specified in the standard so
existing driver should be sort of portable.

The host support is rather complex as it needs to handle things like
bandwidth allocation, and interrupt endponts etc, so I suggest you take
a look at the various BSD unix versions around to see what they offer. I
would check the stability of the code first by testing it on the
specific OS.

--
  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au