Can I use old gcc?

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Mon Sep 1 19:38:20 UTC 2003

Hello Leon,

some time ago i ran into the same problems as you,
and I HAVE built a gdb-5.3 with powerpc bdm
support (actually running as "powerpc-linux-gdb").
I used it to debug a mbx860 target. If you like I
can send you either the binary for linux, or a
patch to the sources.

wkr,
	Thomas.

> On Monday 01 September 2003 08:44, you wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 21:24, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > > 	For some specific reason I am forced to use the old gcc 2.95 (old
> > > binults, etc...).
> > I wonder why one would want to do THAT :-) ?
> The cause is very prosaic :-))
> gcc 3.2.xx requires gdb> 5.2. I want to work with mpc860-bdm in linux, which
> was developed for 5.0. My attempts to patch 5.2 failed - too many structural
> changes where done to 5.2 and my knowledge of gdb is zero.
>
> BTW, my previous question you commented about the debug info is the
> illustration to what I said above - gdb 5.0 does not recognize the DWARF info
> produced by gcc 3.2. And last objdump is too unable to see it - this is the
> answer I found in Internet.
>

> --
> leonp at plris dot com

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany