sparc-rtems-size

Fri Sep 5 13:25:32 UTC 2003

Fabio Degiovanni - Eicas wrote:
> What are the exact meaning of the field "text" "data" and "bss" given by
> the sparc-rtems-size utility?

I was surprised that this wasn't in the binutils size man page. :(

.text is where the executable code goes.  Sometimes it may also
hold read only data.  .text should be able to be placed in ROM
or Flash.

.data is initialized global/static variables.

.bss is uninitialized global/static variables.

On top of that, you have dynamic heap and RTEMS work space usage
which cannot be determined by size.