Problem with gdb script

Fri Sep 5 13:35:38 UTC 2003

Chris Johns wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>

>> Could you email me what you are using and I will add it to CVS
>> and see if we can start trying to integrate it and improve it.
>>

> Can I get a copy. I will update the scripts in CVS.

The only copy I have is this one.

http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2002/december/msg00105.html

Where should it go in CVS?  At the moment, I am leaning to
scripts/gdb but I don't know.

>> Chris Johns... didn't you know how to make them all of the form
>> "rtems subcommand" and add them to the documentation tree?
>

> I am not sure about command layering, but a simple 'rtems-*' would be a
> start, and yes documentation can be added to script commands.

OK.

Way back when I tohught it would be nice to actually add empty
shells of command and document them.  That way we had a plan
which allowed people to add to this.

>> I would really like to see more commands supported.  Next on my
>> list was a heap/executive workspace info command.
>

> Are you thinking of making calls from GDB to the certain code on the
> target ?

No.  I am hoping ot keep it at the gdb macro level and not invoke
any code on the target.  That seems more portable and safer.

>> Eventually I would like to discuss add these to the gdb RPMs and include
>> them possibly include them automatically at startup.
>

> Good idea.

That makes one this week. :)