Python for RTEMS.

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Sat Sep 6 01:30:17 UTC 2003

Hello,

A Python package has been uploaded to the contrib directory on the RTEMS
ftp site. You can find the package plus a README here:

   ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/cd-working/contrib/python

If you are not aware of what Python is check out the Python project at:

   http://www.python.org/

Python provides RTEMS with a powerful scripting/programming language
that supports OO programming via classes and modules.

My testing has been limited as Python is a large package with many
library modules.

I have used the ftp client to download files from the RTEMS ftp server
to my RTEMS target following the library manual example of:

  http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-ftplib.html

I have also opened a large IMAP inbox and read the messages following
again the example in the library manual:

  http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/imap4-example.html

Enjoy.

  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec.com.au