GDB BDM on linux for a 68332

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Wed Sep 10 06:31:28 UTC 2003

James Fitzsimons wrote:
> Hi all,
> Sorry to post this slightly off topic post, but I figured someone on this
> list can probably help me.
>
> I am trying to setup debugging of my 68332 board with GDB and a BDM cable on
> a linux host, but so far I can't get the test programs for the BDM driver to
> complete successfully. When I run either the chk or cpu32-check programs (in
> the test directory for the BDM driver) I get the following error:

The chk will fail as it is for the Coldfire. cpu32-check is the correct one.

> MBAR readback failed: No BDM error (yet!)

I do not know what is wrong here. The code is rather simple here so I
suspect something a little lower is going wrong.

> I tried ignoring this and running gdb anyway, but it complains about the
> following command in my .gdbinit script:
>
> set $sfc=5
>
> I am guessing that these problems are related.

What type of BDM pod do you have ?

> Can anyone provide me with some advice/suggestions on what the problem might
> be?

May I suggest you post this question to the BDM users mailing list on SF:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/bdm

  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec.com.au