http demo in network-demos

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Sep 18 04:47:23 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 04:44, Jay Monkman wrote:
> Does the 'http' program in network-demos compile? I can't get it to
> work for ARM.
>
> From system.h, complains about tmacros.h not being found and
> TEST_EXTERN being undefined. If I remove both of them, it gets
> farther.
>
> I also had to add an '#include <bsp.h>' in the beginning of init.c,
> and put a prototype in for Init before #include-ing confdefs.h.
All this sounds like code rott.

In previous versions of RTEMS, c/src/tests/support/include/tmacros.h had
been globally installed, with current RTEMS it isn't anymore.
However, tmacros.h still should be installed to the "preinstall tree"
inside of RTEMS build-tree.

> Once I fix all that stuff, it compiles, but fails linking.
>
> Here's the output from the linker:
>     arm-rtems-objcopy -I binary -O elf32-littlearm tarfile o-debug/tarfile.o
>     arm-rtems-objcopy: Warning: Output file cannot represent architecture UNKNOWN!
>     arm-rtems-ld -r -o o-debug/temp.o  o-debug/init.o o-debug/tarfile.o
>     arm-rtems-ld: ERROR: o-debug/tarfile.o uses hardware FP, whereas o-debug/temp.o uses software FP
>
> It's claiming the output of objcopy uses hardware floating point!
I recall having seen this quite a while back.

IIRC, the origin was a bug in arm-rtems-gcc, which I thought was fixed
by gcc-3.2.3-rtems patches.

> The only symbols in tarfile.o are:
>     00002800 D _binary_tarfile_end
>     00002800 A _binary_tarfile_size
>     00000000 D _binary_tarfile_start
>
> Any suggestions?
Which gcc are you using? Vanilla gcc-3.x probably won't work.

Do the tests/samples compile? If yes, comparing the calls to gcc there
and in your case probably will help.

Ralf