Line Discipline or Termios lacks ?

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 18 13:51:29 UTC 2003

Hi

I try to implement a full driver for my serial port.
Today that's work fine with the termios and console
shared functions but now I try to control by hand
my line's signal like CTS or RTS. (ex :
Get_CTS,Get_RTS)
But I can't find how to correctly implement this
feature.

I read some line discipline documentation and I found
that it's possible in rtems to implement a line
discipline like for ppp. If your have 2 different
hardware uart on your board you should have 2
functions to read the CTS value but you will have
only one line discipline (the termios_built_in).

But I understand that a line discipline should be
a shared discipline for all port. It doesn't depend of
the hardware UART.

So to implement driver depend read or write CTS/RTS
DSR or other, it should be in my hardware driver
and call be rtems_termois_ioctl.

rtems_termois_ioctl have a switch to do the
command and if it does known, it try to call the
line discipline_ioctl function.

So if line discipline isn't hardware depend how
can I do ?

Should I make a Termios evolution to call some other
command ?

Thanks a lot

=====
AUBERT Cedric