arm-rtmes-ld problem

Francesco Poletti fpoletti at libero.it
Tue Sep 23 13:42:24 UTC 2003

Hy all,
I'm facing problems with the arm cross-platform toolchain provided on your
site. The compilation stage seems to work well, but during the link stage I
meet this error:

arm-rtems-ld: ERROR: test.o uses hardware FP, whereas linked.o uses software
FP
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file
test.o

Some research on the web has shown that this seems to be a known problem with
the arm-gcc 3.2 toolchain. What is puzzling is that this error doesn't appear
on every instance of the compilation. We have several machines here, and on
some of them, everything looks fine. One RH 9.0 machine is OK, the other one
shows this behaviour. Any ideas?
Thanks to all Francesco.