RTEMS Makefile Support

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Tue Sep 30 12:26:24 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 10:12, Cedric Aubert wrote:
>
>>>I don't fully understand what you are trying to do,
>>>but there are two
>>>basic issues:
>>
>>In fact, I try to integrate a Rtems Makefile
>>environnement in Sniff IDE who get a automatic
>>Makefile generation.
>
> Urgs. Now I begin to understand ;-)
>
> I have never used Sniff+ and wasn't aware that it's an IDE.

I have used Sniff and fighted a lot to make in work in our enviroment
(ChorusOs at that time). The basic problem is that it supposes that the
build space and the source space are identical which is wrong for
ChorusOs and rtems via vpath Makefile usage, it also do not like
symbolic links, ...

I met them once to explain what my problem was and they just gave up to
try to enhance the tools to fit my needs.

So to summarize using sniff on rtems while possible will be difficult
for many things except as a good graphical etags + emacs...

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr