couldn't find the definition

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Mon Sep 1 23:23:42 UTC 2003

shannon wrote:
> 	There is a file mbuf.h in the directory
> \rtems-ss-20030417\cpukit\libnetworking\sys,in which there are the following code:
> /*
>  * Mbufs are of a single size, MSIZE (machine/machparam.h), which
>  * includes overhead.  An mbuf may add a single "mbuf cluster" of size
>  * MCLBYTES (also in machine/machparam.h), which has no additional overhead
>  * and is used instead of the internal data area; this is done when
>  * at least MINCLSIZE of data must be stored.
>  */
>
> #define	MLEN		(MSIZE - sizeof(struct m_hdr))	/* normal data len */
> But I couldn't find the definition of MSIZE and it isn't in the file
> machine/machparam.h. Who can tell me where it is?

For my m68k-rtems target I found the define in:

  grep -r MSIZE m68k-rtems/include/
  m68k-rtems/include/machine/param.h:#ifndef	MSIZE
  m68k-rtems/include/machine/param.h:#define MSIZE		128		/* size of an mbuf */
  m68k-rtems/include/machine/param.h:#endif	/* MSIZE */

The define is in newlib.

--
 Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au