development on mac os x

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Wed Sep 3 18:43:59 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 03:25:07PM +0200, Peter Mueller wrote:
> What about interfacing the different bdm adapters (e.g. for 68332) or
> other printer port adapters? Any experience?

as far as I am aware, the existing BDM drivers are for x86 hardware
only.  does OSX provide any sort of "bit-bang" API for a parallel port?

> If it is not possible to migrate a "workaround" would be to use OS-X's
> X11 server und keep the Linux box as server interfacing the embedded
> hardware while sitting in front of the Mac.

one possiblity, certainly.  I don't know if there would be any endian
issues between gdb bdm client running on OSX and the bdm server on an
x86 box.  it would be interesting to find out.  you could probably
compile under OSX and debug under Linux.

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com