RTEMS for MIPS

Ren, Han Tao (Hans) renht at lucent.com
Tue Sep 16 07:35:32 UTC 2003

Thomas

Thank you for your message.

Yes, I've installed the BSP to opt/rtems/mips-rtems/.

Let me give more details on what I did.
Actually, I got different toolchains, one is "sparc-rtems", one is
"mips-rtems".
I download the binaries of  "sparc-rtems" on http://www.gaisler.com, but I
had
to build toolchains for mips-rtems myself, so I download binutils and gcc
source
code, as well as the patch files for RTEMS.  Then I followed the
instructions in
the document "Getting Started with RTEMS for C/C++ Users(4.6.0pre4)" to do
the building, it passed finally and I got the binaries,  but it seemed
mips-rtems-gcc
refused to work.  However,  the sparc-rtems toolchains are working fine.
The following
are some log messages.

[root at localhost samples]# mips-rtems-gcc -g -O2 hello.c -o hello
/opt/rtems/lib/gcc-lib/mips-rtems/3.2.2/../../../../mips-rtems/bin/ld:
warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 0000000000400020
/tmp/cccZsyHs.o: In function `main':
/opt/rtems/src/examples/samples/hello.c(.text+0x10): undefined reference to
`puts'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[root at localhost samples]#
[root at localhost samples]# sparc-rtems-gcc -g -O2 hello.c -o hello
[root at localhost samples]#
[root at localhost samples]# mips-rtems-gcc -g -O2 -rtems rtems-hello.c -o
rtems-hello
mips-rtems-gcc: unrecognized option `-rtems'
rtems-hello.c:7:17: bsp.h: No such file or directory
rtems-hello.c:11: parse error before "Init"
rtems-hello.c:12: parse error before "ignored"
rtems-hello.c:31:22: confdefs.h: No such file or directory
[root at localhost samples]# sparc-rtems-gcc -g -O2 -rtems rtems-hello.c -o
rtems-hello
[root at localhost samples]#

I've tried on both Redhat and Solaris platform, the results are same.

Thanks

Hans

Hans