Making RTEMS for PowerPC - Error...

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 17 17:29:39 UTC 2003

Christopher Plummer writes:
 > Hey guys,
 >
 > I'm trying to build RTEMS for PowerPC on my Mac.  Configure goes good, but
 > when I run make I am getting some strangeness...

 > checking for ppc-rtems-strip... ppc-rtems-strip
 > checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
 > checking for RTEMS_BSP... dmv177
 > configure: creating ./config.status
 > config.status: creating Makefile
 > config.status: creating shared/Makefile
 > config.status: creating shared/bootloader/Makefile
 > config.status: creating shared/clock/Makefi
 > config.status: error: cannot find input file: shared/clock/Makefi.in
 > configure: error: /bin/sh
 > '../../../../../../../rtems-ss-20030703/c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/configure'
 > failed for powerpc
 > configure: error: /bin/sh
 > '../../../../../../rtems-ss-20030703/c/src/lib/libbsp/configure' failed
 > for lib/libbsp
 > make[2]: *** [eth_comm] Error 1
 > make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
 > make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
 > [kp@~/Development/RTEMS/build]$
 >
 > Any ideas?  Which configure is it that running this?  Is it really
 > supposed to be shared/clock/Makefi?

Are you building RTEMS on one of every kind of hardware that exists?  ;)

Seriously, I think you may have found one of Joel's now infamous bit
errors, some time ago OAR had a bad disk that slightly corrupted the
source tree before it was discovered.  The obvious stuff got fixed
quickly, but it seems like you've found one more.  The fix is probably
to edit the offending Makefile.am and re-run bootstrap.  I imagine
Joel or Ralf may have a better idea though...

Gregm