Rif: Re: Eclipse IDE for RTEMS?

Thomas Rauscher trauscher at loytec.com
Fri Sep 19 06:19:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 silverio.di at qem.it wrote:

> Is GDB interface full integrated with Elipse  (set/clear breakpoint,
> variabile show and set,
> PC counter visualization, etc.) or elipse only lauch a GDB standalone
> section ?

It is fully integrated. At least I can confirm working breakpoints,
variable display, source and assembly stepping, memory and register
display.

Things that don't work (at least with my ARM target) are things that do
not work with a CLI GDB either (e.g. Thread support).

A great feature of the Eclipse GDB frontend is its capability to store
debugging sessions, so you can store and reuse different breakpoint
settings and variable displays after resetting a target.

Best regards,
Thomas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Rauscher                 Tel.:   ++43 1 402 08 05 15
                                           Fax:    ++43 1 402 08 05 99
LOYTEC electronics GmbH                    E-mail: trauscher at loytec.com
Stolzenthalergasse 24/3, A-1080 Wien       Web:    http://www.loytec.com