ROMFS for RTEMS

Fri Sep 26 11:15:29 UTC 2003

Derick Hammond wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> Has anyone got a current link for Vitaly Mamkin's port of the ROMFS
> file system to RTEMS?

I don't have a current link but you might jbe able to get it from
archive.org .

> I have checked the link that is in the 2001 mail archive and the site
> does not seem to be available any longer.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

There is a way to use a ROMed tar image with the IMFS which effectively
is a ROM filesystem.
See the file cpukit/libfs/src/imfs/imfs_load_tar.c. The trick here is
that files' contents are left in
ROM until modified.  They get directory entries in the IMFS which point
to blocks of memory
in the ROM image in tar.