execution stops at rtems_rate_monotonic_create() ?

kmedri kmedri kmedri at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:51:27 UTC 2004

>Is it possible that you are using an application Makefile based
>upon hello world?  If so, then it is linking in stubs for
>optional managers.  IThe rate monotonic manager is definitely
>optional so every call would return not configured.  It is
>also quick possible that the clock manager is stubbed as well.
>
>Look at the Makefile and the gcc command that is printed to
>link the applciation.

Thanks for the help. Here is the Makefile (I think initially based on the
test_tasks example) that I am using along with a more appropriate manager
statement for my program:

#
#  Makefile
#

#
#  RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH is set in an environment variable
#

EXEC=bike.exe
PGM=${ARCH}/$(EXEC)

# optional managers required
#MANAGERS=io
#http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2003/may/msg00025.html
#however http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2000/july/msg00095.html
MANAGERS=all

# C source names
CSRCS = bike.c tasks.c port_sim.c
COBJS_ = $(CSRCS:.c=.o)
COBJS = $(COBJS_:%=${ARCH}/%)

# C++ source names
CXXSRCS =
CXXOBJS_ = $(CXXSRCS:.cc=.o)
CXXOBJS = $(CXXOBJS_:%=${ARCH}/%)

# AS source names
ASSRCS =
ASOBJS_ = $(ASSRCS:.s=.o)
ASOBJS = $(ASOBJS_:%=${ARCH}/%)

# Libraries
LIBS = -lrtemsall -lc

include $(RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH)/Makefile.inc

include $(RTEMS_CUSTOM)
include $(PROJECT_ROOT)/make/leaf.cfg

OBJS= $(COBJS) $(CXXOBJS) $(ASOBJS)

all:    ${ARCH} $(PGM)