BSP for Motorola MVME5500

Feng, Shuchen feng at bnl.gov
Thu Apr 15 13:36:33 UTC 2004

Hi  Bill,

I am near the completion for writting the BSP for the MVME5500.
It successfully auto booted large (e.g. C++ based EPICS) VME based
applications via the 10/100M ethernet.  My TODO list before the
release of the souce codes are :

1.  1GHZ ethernet.
2.  rtems-4.6.0  (right now it works on rtems-4.6.0pre3)
3.  build the Cexp (written by Till Straumann) to give the BSP
    a VxWorks-like environment (e.g. dynamic loading)
4.  VME device write probe (the read probe is done) to
    detect the absent VME devices.

Joel Sherrill is right. Spring has sprung and the BSPs are
flowering.

Cheers,
Kate